Del Savio 1910 reinterprets a centuries-old artisanal tradition, which originated in the north-east area of Italy – between the towns of Pordenone and Spilimbergo – to hybridise it for the global market. This project, lead under the art direction of the Zanellato/Bortotto studio, aims to celebrate and reaffirm the uniqueness, the authenticity, and the value of craftmanship.
The duo Zanellato/Bortotto involves two other international studios in the project, Mae Engelgeer and David/Nicolas: the diverse approaches enrich our creative perspective and emphasise the countless virtues of marble, together with its versatility. These collaborations gave birth to nine collections which make use of different Italian marbles, some of them deeply rooted in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region.
The slabs of the collection, characterised by thinness and lightness, could be customised; the ten marbles could be also combined to just as many types of cement, to realise a wide range of patterns.